Thursday, February 25, 2010

Indian airlines defies time, cheats and gets away with it

If you are booking flight IC971 from Chennai to Mumbai - read this!
I booked a tkt on IC971 from Chennai to Mumbai - scheduled departure from MAA 7.00 a.m. If you search in IA site- you will see that the scheduled departure is 7.00 a.m.
Once I went to the airport, the IA staff told that the flight is rescheduled to 10.00 and if required I can get a full refund. Well, I had to book another ticket on Jet Airways as the matter required some urgency.
The IC971 left by around 9.00 a.m.
Later I found out that the flight IC972 from mumbai to Chennai is "Scheduled" to arrive at 8.50 - i.e its regular expected time is 8.50 a.m.
Since IC972 is the one returned as IC971, and its scheduled arrival at chennai is 8.50, how can IA sell tickets for 7.00 a.m and put customers to hardships?
Did any of you face the same issue or am I missing something?

No comments:

Post a Comment